Multidisciplinary Centre for Advanced Research & Studies (MCARS) is Jamia Millia Islamia's (JMI's) new addition to existing centres of advanced learning, with a vision to advance, nurture and promote multidisciplinary research across all the disciplines. The MCARS shall focus on three core academic functions:
1. Research and innovation
2. Learning, teaching, and the wider student experience
3. Research collaboration and internationalisation.
Setting up MCARS is one of the several steps taken by JMI towards improving the level of research and global research collaboration in the JMI, and Prof Talat Ahmad, JMI VC is personally taking all initiative to rope in eminent scholars from abroad to join MCARS Jamia which has so far elicited a response from the six international scholars who are presently working in USA, UK, Singapore. MCARS aims to create a platform for young researchers to explore diverse scientific problems for the advancement of socio-economic conditions of the country, by integrating all disciplines.
Prof Sushant G Ghosh of Centre for theoretical physics has been appointed Hony. Director, MCARS for administration as well as for academic and research activities.
MCARS shall conduct and promote world-class research and training at the frontiers of various areas across the disciplines including Science, Engineering, Social Science, Medicine, Engineering, Management etc., and is committed to fostering cutting edge research.
- To conduct multidisciplinary research directed at addressing social and scientific challenges;
- Promote multidisciplinary, collaborative research forming partnership at JMI
- To promote scientific research and advanced teaching in the areas across the disciplines including Science, Engineering, Social Science, Medicine, Engineering, Management etc.
- To provide a forum for interaction among scientists, research workers, teachers and scholars involved in these disciplines.
- To create an atmosphere of scientific awareness, a motivation for new ideas and multidisciplinary research.