Dr Mini Shaji Thomas
Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia, established in 1985, has distinguished itself as a leading knowledge hub for technical minds. With its bright students from across the country, able Faculty members and up-to-date research infrastructure, the Faculty of Engineering & Technology has been able to produce excellent graduates for the service of the Nation. Our graduates are gainfully employed in Government services, reputed corporate houses and high ranked educational Institutions globally.
The Faculty is home to over 2000 students and over 200 academic, administrative, and technical staff. There are seven departments, namely – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Computer Engineering, Environmental Sciences and Applied Sciences & Humanities and all the departments offer PG and PhD programs along with 5 UG programs in the five fields of engineering. The University Polytechnics also a part of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology with 2000 + students.
The FET has more than 100 faculty members who are engaged in research, in emerging areas of Smart grid, Deep learning, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Manufacturing, Smart materials, 5G communications, Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering, etc, and are carrying out many research projects & consultancies in these areas. This gives the students, a glimpse of the emerging areas, coupled with regular revision of the curriculum in consultation with industry experts, alumni and academicians makes the students Industry ready.
At Jamia Millia Islamia, it is our endeavour to develop the students as rounded individuals and all efforts are made to ensure participation of the students in co-curricular activities on a regular basis and the campus has the student chapters of reputed international societies such as IEEE, ASME, ASCE, SAE, TRS, ISTE etc. Students are encouraged to excel in extracurricular activities.
I welcome you all to the Faculty of Engineering & Technology
To become a leading engineering institute through knowledge creation, acquisition, and dissemination for the benefit of society and industry.
- To develop a centre of excellence by imparting quality education to produce technically sound and research-oriented professionals to face the emerging challenges of society and industry.
- To enhance knowledge by innovative teaching, engaging in cutting edge research and developing linkages with industry.
- To impart ethical, social, and environmental values to produce competent engineers for the service of mankind.
- To inculcate technological capabilities through continuous interaction with academia and industry in emerging areas for sustainable development.
Faculty Calendar 2022-23
Departments of the Faculty:
PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
The Faculty offers the following Programmes.
Bachelor of Technology (8 Semesters)
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
Master of Technology (8 Semesters)
- M. Tech. Environmental Science & Engineering
- M. Tech. Environmental Science & Engineering (Part Time)
- M. Tech. Earthquake Engineering
- M. Tech. Mechanical Engineering
- M. Tech. Electrical Power System & Management Engineering
- M. Tech. Control & Instrumentation Systems Engineering
- M. Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M. Tech. Computer Engineering
- M. Tech. Energy Science (Full Time) SFS
- M. Tech. Computational mathematics (SFS)
- M. Sc. Environmental Science & Management
- M. Sc. Environmental Science & Management (SFS)
- All Departments
- Three year Diploma in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Computer Engineering,