VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To produce excellent professionals and innovators in the field of Computer Engineering for the economic development and global competitiveness of the nation.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To impart proactive education that focuses on intellectually vibrant instructions, sound practical training and project-based learning.
- To prepare the students for high-quality research and industry oriented innovation.
- To prepare the students for immediate career success and lifelong challenges in global industrial needs.
- To educate the students and to make them ethically and socially responsible citizens for national and global development.
About the Department
The Department of Computer Engineering was started in the year 2000. Since its inception, the department has kept on evolving and now has become one of the leading departments at the Faculty of Engineering and Technology.
Two undergraduate courses are running at the department, namely B.Tech in Computer Engineering and B.E. (Part Time) in Computer Engineering, B. Tech Computer Engineering is fully equipped with the subjects that are currently the need of the industry, with the aim to make the students market ready. Department of Computer Engineering also runs M.Tech (Computer Engineering) that has thrust on research in Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Soft Computing and Computer Networks.
The Department also runs the Ph.D. program, under which a number of research scholars are working in the fields of Networking, Data Mining, and Artificial Intelligence etc. The Faculty members at the department have produced quite a large number of research papers in various reputed International Journals and Conferences. The faculty members have also authored a few number of books in the field of Computer Engineering and are actively involved in taking the department to greater heights. Apart from the curriculum, the department has actively organized lectures for its students on various technical as well as non-technical topics, which are delivered by academicians from leading universities and professionals from the industry.
The department is actively involved in research and the faculty members are involved in publishing of research papers in various journals and conferences which are indexed by Science Citation Index (SCI) and Scopus. The overall citation of the papers published by the department is more than 2000 and an H-Index of 20.
The Department has been working towards placements of its students very diligently. The department has a placement of over 90% in all years with the highest annual package of about 20 lakhs.
B.Tech. Computer Engineering 70 Seats
B.E. Computer Engineering,(Part Time) 70 Seats
M.Tech. (Computer Engineering) 20 Seats
Currently the Department has more than 280 students in the B.Tech. program, and around 220 students in the B.E. program.
Class Rooms & Laboratories
The department has an excellent Air-conditioned classrooms with step seating arrangement and Projectors with Mic and speaker facilities.
The department is equipped with very good computer labs having more than 125 computers which also include 60 Apple I-Mac machines. The department also has different research labs with facility of Big Data, High performance computing, Internet of Things, Adhoc and Wireless Sensor. It has also been awarded a Deep Learning Lab from the budget of DST-PURSE with a grant of 40 lakhs as part of the Central Instrumentation Facility.
Right from its inception, the Department of Computer Engg has been way ahead of the other departments in the faculty in the arena of campus recruitments. With a proper synchronization with the University Placement Cell, the department is able to achieve a recruitment of over 90% on average every year. Some of the best companies come to recruits students from Computer Engineering, which includes Microsoft, Adobe, Samsung R & D, Mahindra Comviva, TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HSBC, Newgen, Belzabar, Jabong among others.
- Two students selected for UPSC, Haseen Zehra Rizvi (Rank – 87) in 2018 and Gauhar Hasan (Rank – 137) 2019.
- Highest GATE Score by Shadab Ahmad, AIR – 17 in 2019
- Winner of highest LINPACK award at 4th HPCAC-ISC Student Cluster Competition was held in Frankfurt, Germany with a record breaking score of 10.78 teraflops.
- Winner of 1st Prize and consolation Prize at Smart Hackathon 2017 and 2nd Prize winner at Smart India Hackathon 2018.
- Students have published more than 20 research papers in good quality research journals and conferences in last three years.