Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Jamia campus is located in the heart of India’s leading tourist hub Delhi, and on the busy neighbourhood of leading business districts. NCR is one of the pinnacles of the popular golden triangle where most of the tourism action takes place. Moreover, it is the only university-based tourism department in the NCR offering courses in the field of tourism and hospitality. A lot of emphases is given to activity-based learning. Learning by doing is a core value and the key pedagogical approach followed in the Department.
Keeping pace with the globalized scenario the university during the last few years has reached out to and is being reached by foreign universities and other international institutions for collaboration in the area of academics, research, joint seminars and conferences, and faculty and student exchange programs. An open and free environment for dialogue and exchange of resources on mutually agreeable terms has been encouraged and as a result, much of such collaboration has been institutionalized in the form of signing of Memorandum of Understanding with foreign universities. Distinguished academicians and eminent scholars from foreign universities visit the university to participate in workshops, seminars, and other events regularly.
DTHM, Jamia has in place state-of-the-art infrastructure on its campus to cater to the learning needs of young minds enrolled at its campus. The department’s good relationships with the industry help the convenient placement of its student at responsible positions.
The department has set the following objectives:
- To create knowledge through world-class research.
- Disseminate knowledge through formal higher education and extension activities.
- To contribute to capacity building for the tourism and hospitality sector.
- To work closely with industry and try to understand their requirements.
- To work closely with central and state governments and contribute to their efforts for the development of the tourism and hospitality sector.
- To extend advice/ suggestions for the promotion and development of tourism in the country.