The Jamia Law Journal is the flagship journal of Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues in India. It is blind peer reviewed annual journal with ISSN No. 2456-2718 focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing.
The ambit of the Journal is broad and not restricted to any particular field of law, and includes legal as well as policy related contemporary issues, both national and international.
Nature of Submissions
The Jamia Law Journal invites original, unpublished manuscripts from all academicians, judges, and legal professionals from India and abroad, under the following categories –
A. Long Articles (8000-10000 words, including footnotes
This category is designed to comprehensively deal with and provide a sustained analysis of a particular legal topic in toto. It must analyze the current practices in the field and identify lacunae therein along with suggesting solutions to the problem
B. Short Articles (4000-6000 words, including footnotes)
The Journal includes short works to provide an opportunity for the members of the legal fraternity to keep abreast of new ideas and legal reforms. In this category, a more comprehensive study of a narrow topic is involved, and the issues must be addressed from a new perspective providing a critical insight on the subject.
C. Notes and Comments (2000-3500 words, including footnotes)
An important feature of the journal is the ‘Notes and Comments’ section. A note is a concise argument focusing on any recent legal controversy or debate. A comment is limited to critical appraisal of a recent judicial decisions, new legislation (enacted or proposed), or policy reform proposals. Short notes should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words. No abstract is required for Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
D. Book Review(1500-2000 words including footnotes)
This section includes the review of any scholarly work recently published in the field of law. No abstract is required for the purpose of book review.
A. General Instructions
- Up to 2 co-authors are allowed for all categories except Notes and Comments wherein co-authorship is not allowed.
- All works must be original and unpublished, and not pending for review before any other journal. Any form of plagiarism will lead to rejection of the manuscript submitted for publication in the journal.
- Submissions that exceed the word limit will not be accepted.
- In order to ensure transparency in the blind review process, the name of the author or institutional affiliation must not be mentioned anywhere in the manuscript.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Times New Roman font size 10, with 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
- Text and footnotes should conform to ILI Rules of Footnoting. Submissions with endnotes will be rejected.
- The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 200 word abstract. The second page should contain a table of contents, and the main body of the manuscript must begin immediately thereafter.
C. Submission through email
- All submissions must be mailed in Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’) as an attachment to email@example.com with the subject ‘Manuscript Submission for Jamia Law Journal’. Manuscripts submitted in PDF/other formats/hard copy will not be accepted.
- The body of the email must mention the name of the author(s), contact number, academic qualifications, institutional affiliation, title of the paper, and a declaration to the affect that the manuscript is an original and previously unpublished work of the author.
All queries are to be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call for Papers: Jamia Law Journal (ISSN 2456-2718), Special Issue Volume 05 (Centenary Celebrations 2021): (July 2, 2021)
- Call for Papers: Jamia Law Journal, Volume 4: (July 1, 2018)
- Call for Papers: Jamia Law Journal, Volume 3: (June 30, 2017)
- Call for Papers: Jamia Law Journal, Volume 2: (Oct 30, 2016)
- Click here for details: PUBLICATION POLICY
- Editorial Committee of Jamia Law Journal