Department of Teacher Training & Non-Formal Education (IASE) is basically a teacher education institution. It has been
- Providing training to teachers at all levels, viz Nursery, Elementary, Secondary Teacher Education;
- Training Special Education teachers and teacher-educators;
- Arranging in-service training programmes/courses for school teachers and teacher-educators on continuing basis;
- Enrolling and guiding a large number of research scholars for the award of Ph.D. degree in education;
- Undertaking research projects on issues concerning school education;
- Developing and publishing quality material including books and handbooks for teachers and teacher-educators.
Presently, the Department is running following Courses:
- M.A. Education
- M.Ed. (Special Education)
- B.Ed. with provision of 18 Teaching Subjects, 18 Electives including Educational Technology, Computer Education, Health & Physical Education, Environmental Education, Population Education, Science Education, Women and Indian Society, Computer Education, Agriculture Education and 10 Crafts.
- B.Ed. (Nursery Education)
- B.Ed. (Special Education)
- Diploma in Elementary Teacher Education
These Courses are continually upgraded within 2 or 3 years.