Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
Ongoing Research Activities at CNN-JMI
- Optical and electrical properties of porous silicon.
- Application of porous silicon: Alcohol sensing, humidity sensing and optical sensing.
- Synthesis of carbon nanotubes. (MWCNTs and SWCNTs) by Chemical vapour deposition technique.
- Synthesis of Graphene by Chemical vapour deposition technique.
- Morphology studies by HRTEM, HRSEM, AFM of novel nanomaterials.
- Spectroscopic characterization using Raman, FTIR, UV-Vis Spectrophotometer.
- Structural analysis of novel nanomaterials using Xray diffractrometer.
- Toxic gas sensing, temperature sensing, optical sensing using novel nanomaterials.
- Charecterization and synthesis of 2D structured nanomaterials (MoS2, TiS3) and their applicatios.
- Photo-electrochemical studies fot Water Splitting using 2D structured nanomaterials and nanocomposities.
- Photo catalytic dye degradation for water purification using novel nanomaterials. (TMDs & semiconductor metal oxides)
- Fabrication of hydrogen sensors based on metal (Pd) and metal-alloy (PdAg, PdCu) nanoparticles.
- Electronic studies of 2D structured nanomaterials (TMDs) & the effect of doping TMs atoms using density functional tight binding method.