|Home||About the university||Faculties & Depts.||Courses of Study||Admissions||Examinations|
Last date of acceptance of Admission Form : June 21, 2006
As per the AICTE norms, 10 non-sponsored candidates (5 Half time assistance ship and
5 Non-assistance ship) and 5 sponsored candidates can be admitted to the M.Tech
1. 25% of seats in all courses will be filled by internal students of Jamia, who have passed the qualifying examination from Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia provided they fulfill the minimum eligibility conditions.
2. Reservation of seats and relaxation of qualifications for SC/ST candidates and Physically handicapped will be as per Government of India rules.
3. Supernumerary Seats: A few seats, not exceeding 15% of the full-time total intake of the M.Tech programme, over and above the normal intake, may be provided to foreign Students/NRIs, provided they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for admission as per the requirements of the M.Tech programme, from
a recognized University/Board.
1. Graduate Degree holders in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University are eligible for consideration.
2. All non-sponsored candidates should have a valid Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score. However, if adequate candidates with valid GATE score are not available, then candidates with not less than 60% marks in the absolute system or a minimum grade of 6.75 on a 10 point scale may be considered for admission.
3. A sponsored candidate should be an employee in a Government or Semi-Government Organizations/ Public Sector Unit, with not less than One year Industrial or field experience/ Teaching or Research experience in the relevant area, after passing the qualifying examination. Preference will be given to the candidates in the academic profession or with R&D Organizations.
1. The mode of selection for the non sponsored candidates will be as follows:
All the applications received will be short-listed (up to thrice the number of seats available) on the basis of performance in GATE and Marks of the qualifying exam, with a relative weightage of 70 marks for the GATE Score and 15 marks for the qualifying exam.
The short listed candidates will be subjected to an interview with a weightage of 15 marks. The selection will be made on the basis of final marks obtained. (Final score sheet will be out of 100).
2. Sponsored candidates for the full time programme will be selected on the basis of the final marks obtained with a relative weightage of 85 marks for the qualifying exam and 15 marks for the interview(Final score sheet will be out of 100)
3. The short listed candidates will be interviewed by the committee of the Department consisting of the following members:
a. Head of Department (Chairman)
b. Coordinator of the concerned M.Tech Programme.
c. Three Faculty members of the Department, other than those covered by 1 and 2, in the specific stream of M.Tech. These names will be nominated by the Head of the Department on the basis of seniority.
d. Vice-chancellor’s nominee
e. Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Technology
A scheme for the award of Teaching/Research Assistantship for providing financial
assistance to the students is available. In terms of this scheme, students admitted to
M.Tech. Programme on full time basis are considered for the award of ‘Half time’
Research/Teaching Assistantship under which they will be paid Rs. 5000/- per month.
The maximum duration for which assistantship can be awarded to an M.Tech. student is
4 semesters. In return, the student shall have to render 8 hours per week of assistance
outside his normal academic work as assigned by the course coordinator, in
consultation with the Head of the Department.
ONLY FIVE FULL TIME STUDENTS (OTHER THAN SPONSORED STUDENTS) IN THE
ORDER OF MERIT WHO HAVE QUALIFIED GATE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR
ASSISTANTSHIP. In the first instance the assistantship is awarded only for one
semester. Thereafter, continuation of the assistantship during each semester is
contingent upon satisfactory academic performance and satisfactory performance in the
discharge of responsibilities assigned under the scheme. For this purpose, Semester
Grade Point Average (SGPA) of not less than 7.00 (6.75 in the case of SC/ST) at the end
of the semester is treated as satisfactory academic performance.