FTK-Centre for Information Technology
Vision, Mission & Goals
- To excel in the emerging areas of ICT to enable the university to achieve academic, research and operational excellence.
- Leverage ICT tools for improving quality of teaching & learning and research.
- Promote ICT adoption.
- Provide and maintain ICT infrastructure to support core ICT & end user operations.
- Maintain an up-to-date Web portal to function as a repository of information for all stakeholders.
- Provide a platform for transparent & effective governance.
- Keep abreast in emerging areas of Information Technology
- Identify and adopt emerging ICT tools that could improve quality of teaching, learning & research.
- Conduct training, workshops, seminars & conferences on relevant themes of ICT for university community including faculty members, staff & students.
- Acquire and maintain University’s LAN, WiFi, Servers & end user ICT equipment etc.
- Further develop and maintain Jamia Webportal.
- Further develop the JMI Management Information System to make it even more useful for university governance.
- Undertake research in emerging areas of Information Technology