Financial support of not less than Rupees 2,000 per month per child is available to foster parents and group foster care if requested and duly approved by the Government.
Since Foster Care is a new concept in India, your decision may take some time. In order to make the decision to foster you must:
- Understand fully the idea of foster care
- Understand that adoption is different from foster care
- Be ready for the successes and challenges of raising a foster child
- Be willing to work with the CWC/ DCPU plan for a child.
- Have agreement of your family, relevant extended family members and your community whenever possible.
Be ready to accept help from social workers, counselors, support staff and others.