The school prepares the students for Secondary and Senior Secondary School certificates conducted by the Jamia Board on the CBSE pattern. Rigorous course of instruction are imparted to the students and all possible efforts are made to help them achieve qualitative educational and professional standards so that they can compete successfully in the present competition-oriented world.
Even though the NCERT syllable is used as a guideline, instruction is also imparted in Islamiat, Hindu Ethics, Elementary Urdu, Physical Education, Music and Computers.
Admission in Jamia Senior Secondary School is given on the basis of an Entrance Test. Candidates seeking admission in Standard IX & XI in Jamia Senior Secondary School will have to appear for a written test in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Science and General Knowledge.
Students of Jamia Senior Secondary School are required to observe specified rules of discipline. If any student is found guilty he/she shall be liable to fine/suspension or rustication.
It is mandatory for a student of the school to have an aggregate of 75% attendance to be eligible to appear in the annual examinations.
The students are offered the following subjects
(a) Secondary School Certificate (X)
For secondary School Certificate under the 10+2 system, the following subjects will be taught in classes IX and X.
1.&2. Advanced Urdu and Hindi B OR Elementary Urdu and Hindi A
4. Mathematics or Home Science (For Private Girl Candidates)
5. Science & Technology (Physics, Chemistry and Life Science) or General Science (For Private Girl Candidates)
6. Social Science (History, Civics, Geography, Economics)
7. Islamiat or Hindu Ethics
8. Physical and Health Education
9. Socially Useful Productive Work (S.U.P.W.)
Any one of the following:
a. Domestic Science
b. Commercial Art
c. Computer Education
e. Peace Education
(b) Senior School Certificate (XII)
Under the 10+2 scheme, students are taught optional subjects along with the compulsory subjects. In order to qualify for admission in class XI, the candidate should have passed the Secondary School Certificate/ High School (Matric) Certificate Examination from a recognized school. For non-Urdu medium students, it is compulsory to pass the Elementary Urdu Exam. The compulsory subjects and group-wise optional subjects are as follows:
Compulsory subjects (Qualifying)
1) Islamiat / Hindu Ethics
2) Elementary Urdu (for those students who have not studied Urdu up to VIII standard).
Group A: Humanities
1. English (Core)
2. Urdu Literature / Hindi Literature / Multimedia & Web-Technology
3. Mathematics / Arabic / Sociology / History
4. Persian / Home Science (only for girl candidates)/ Fine Arts / Economics
5. Political Science / Geography / Islamic Studies
Group B: Science
1. English (Core)
Optional Subjects (Any one of the following groups)
1. Mathematics and Biology
2. Mathematics and Computer Science
3. Mathematics and Economics
4. Biology and Economics
5. Biology and Computer Science
Note: Students are advised to see eligibility conditions of Science subjects of higher courses in the University before selecting subjects from Group B.
Group C: Commerce
1. English (core)
2. Business Studies
5. Urdu Literature / Hindi Literature / Mathematics / Marketing and Salesmanship/ Multimedia & Web-technology.
Note: Candidates who opt for Multimedia & Web-Technology in Humanities/ Commerce stream should have grade C1 (51% and above) marks in Mathematics, in the qualifying examination.