Jamia Millia Islamia is steered by its Core Values in rendering its Mission and pursuing its Vision. The Core Values of the University are:
- Excellence in teaching, learning, research and service
- Innovation through applied and interdisciplinary ideas, programs and partnerships
- Collaboration and Partnership by sharing knowledge and ideas across physical boundaries.
- Creativity and Critical Thinking exploring new knowledge and application to address social issues via new ideas
- Scientific temperament nurturing scientific temperament by adopting technology in teaching-learning and research
- Ethical Conduct through instilling the value system in students, teachers and staff, integrity, fraternity
- Ability/Skill Enhancement through commitment to overall personality development through students’ centric activities, and social development
- Social Responsibility dedicated to serving individuals, society and nation through outreach and community engagement.
- Respect/Dignity by respecting all individuals with Compassion regardless of class, caste, religion, ability and gender
- Diversity and Inclusion Access, equity and affordability of quality education to all
- Entrepreneurship through emphasis on collaborative, interdisciplinary and applied study
- Global Citizenship by inculcating meaningful knowledge and skills leading to identification with world community and building global values