About MA in Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
The MA in Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy is an interdisciplinary course mostly drawing the following major disciplines: Sociology, History, and Political Science. It is a two-year programme spread over four semesters. A student has to qualify at least in sixteen papers to get an MA degree.
Every paper carries four credits or hundred marks. Of these, one credit or twenty-five marks have been allocated to the assignment in the form of tutorial/term paper/s handed over to the students. The remaining three credits or seventy-five marks have been assigned to the end-semester examinations. This format of evaluation will be followed for every paper.
Duration: Two Years (Intensive full-time course with internship)
Objectives of CSSEIP
- Conceptualizing discrimination, exclusion and inclusion based on caste/ethnicity and religion.
- Developing understanding of the nature and dynamics of discrimination and exclusion.
- Contextualizing and problematizing discrimination, exclusion and inclusion.
- Developing an understanding of discrimination at an empirical level.
- Formulating policies for protecting the rights of these groups and eradicating the problem of exclusion and discrimination.
Job /Future Prospects of the Course
This course provides better opportunities to the students to learn theoretical and practical aspects of social exclusion. The course is designed in such a way that it would give wider exposure to the students not only about the various aspects and dimension of Social Exclusion but also on various tools and mechanism of inclusion.
The students completed two years Master Programme in Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (SEIP) majority of them has been absorbed in the following institutions / organizations.
- Pursuing M. Phil, Ph. D, within and outside the universities.
- National and International NGOs.
- Various Ministries.
- Educational and Academic Institutions.