National Workshop on Green Buildings in India Present Practices and Future Prospect at Jamia
August 26, 2015
National Workshop on “Green Buildings in India: Present Practices and Future Prospect”at Jamia
The Department of Civil Engineering, Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) in collaboration with Green Institute of Research and Development (GIRD), New Delhi is going to organize a National Workshop on “Green Buildings in India: Present Practices and Future Prospect”.
The purpose of organizing the workshop is to achieve the following objectives:
• Understand and formulate a comprehensive roadmap to be adopted at the national, state and local levels to encourage wide adoption of sustainable, green and energy efficient buildings.
• Understand the research and development requirements for developing appropriate technologies for improved green buildings.
• Understand ways to galvanize community organization and grassroots workers leadership towards the idea of green technologies in construction practices.
• Examine possible policy intervention through laws and regulations for the real estate construction sector.
• Evaluate gap in human resource and training requirements for personnel in constructive sector.
The workshop shall be conducted by Prof. Sirajuddin Ahmed, Department of Civil Engineering, JMI and Mr. Shamsuddin A.K. from GIRD.
The workshop is scheduled to be held on August 27, 2015 at 09.30 AM onwards in Dayar-I Mir Taqi Mir, Administrative Block, JMI.
Green Institute for Research and Development (GIRD) is a non-profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that works for protection of environment and promotion of environment-friendly products and practices. GIRD has organized workshops and campaign programmes on vehicular pollution in Delhi, main streaming of green buildings and environment and renewable energy promotion, protection and promotion of safe water and water resources, promotion of organic farming and development of agro and processed foods from organic farm products, support for education and health of the under-privileged and socially disadvantaged etc.
Those desirous of covering the event may kindly inform at 011-26980090 or e-mail at email@example.com to enable us to provide smooth entry. Effort should be made on the part of the media persons (print/electronic/photo journalists) to reach the venue 30 minutes before the event to avoid last minute rush.
Jamia Millia Islamia